Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got it all set up and running, but where should i place my intake and output hoses in the tank?

I've got a 29g bowfront, so should i put them both in the back left corner and have the output facing away from the intake or should i put them in the seperate back corners with the output facing the front of the tank?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have mine set up so that the spray bar is on the left side of the tank blowing towards the right. The intake is also in that corner. It makes a nice even flow over the whole tank and creates enough swirl on the surface to push things into my surface skimmer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have my spraybar and intake on opposite sides of the tank. They spaybar pushes everything to the intake. Crystal Clear, nio gunk in the tanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm new to canisters also. I'm running a fluval 304 on my 55G and I put the inlet on one side(not quite in the corner) then the outlet flow in the other side corner. Seems to have a good flow. The plants right under the outlet in the corner wave in the current also so its not dead directly under the outlet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts