Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am brand new to planted freshwater aquariums. Actually, I am still in the researching stages of it. It has only been a couple of weeks. I know I have to learn so much before I even attempt to set it up. So I will probably be asking a lot of questions. Any help any of you could give me would be hugely appreciated.

I do have experience with regular freshwater fish tanks (Have had one setup for 6 years) and also had a salt water coral tank for a couple of years (that was a lot of work and $$).

Anyhow, I am looking forward to meeting you all, as well as learning a lot on this site. I will probably be in here about 3 or 4 times a week, reading, learning, and writing. Boy, do I have a lot to learn.

Tom

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome Tom! It's nice to hear that you're doing your homework before jumping in too deep. :)
Ask away and you'll get plenty of good advice here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi to all of you too. Thanks for the responses.

In response to JanS "It's nice to hear that you're doing your homework before jumping in too deep."

When I had my reef tank, I did not exactly go this route and learned that the hard way. I got it working finally, but was a lot more work and $$ than it needed to be.

Always best to do homework first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In response to Tex Gal "You'll get so much info your head will spin!"

Believe me, it already is.

In response to davemonkey "Welcome, Tom!"

Thanks for having me.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Hello Tom... Welcome to APC :exclaim:

We have all learned the hard way, at least once in our lives!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to this site. Great place to learn. Ask questions and you'll get answers for sure. Hope your set up goes well and remember that one tank leads to another and another and another...etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Tom and welcome to APC. I am getting ready to set up a tank soon and have already gathered great information here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts