Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am going to the local petsmart soon and i am thinking about buying the bio wheel 10 gal kit for a shrimp tank. What are some good beginners shrimp i want to get blue tigers but not for my first time anyways is that a good tank kit what else should i get do i need a airpump please any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would recommend at least a 10 gl tank. I would also recommend a air driven sponges filter. You should also be very patient and let the tank mature for a 2-3 weeks after the tank has cycled. Shrimp can be very delicate depending on the variety. Check out some of the sites that deal in invertebrates. You can save a lot of money and headaches by reading up. If you have more questions just email me at [email protected] Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again i do have a question about cycling.i have heard many different ways to cycle a new tank.the people at petsmart told me just run the tank for a week and put the shrimp in.he said i did not need to buy fish to cycle if i didnt need them.just let it run for a week?dose this sound right what would you recommend if im doing this wrong?it did not seem right to me thanks again for the help Basic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts