Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Hi Mike,

Few of my thoughts:

1. I think the rainbows are a little too large for your 33 gallon and may cause problems later. Certainly won't go with the aquascape you can put in there.

2. I think you need to ponder what look you want from your tank. What are you going after? A sparse, nature-like aquarium? A dense forest?

3. Focus on getting your composition set up. I think the Sword plant throws everything off. Also, you may want to combine the driftwood pieces on one side.

4. For reactor, look in the DIY forum for suggestions.

5. I would suggest a good quality canister filter such as eheim.

· Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Mike,

Lighting looks much better. Nice purchase.

On the driftwood, I was thinking of putting them together. Perhaps move the tall one back and move the horizontal one in front at an angle. Then cover the intersecting points with moss or anubias. This should create the look of a substantial object on that side. You can then balance that out with a small piece of driftwood on the right side. Just a thought.

Keep thinking about the design (look) you want and add/trim plants to it. Keep the number of varieties low. Focus on getting all your plants as healthy as they can be.

One of Amano's rules is that plants must be healthy first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.