Aquatic Plant Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts
Hi great post by the way was just wondering do you dose the macro nutrients and the micro nutrients the same day or do you alternate days cause you said they react bad when mixed together.
The macro and micro solutions are dosed on the same day.

The stock solutions need to kept separate because the trace elements (usually Fe) will react w/ the the phosphates to form a precipitate. When the solutions are added to the aquarium together, however, the concentrations of nutrients are much, much lower so they should not form a precipitate in the aquarium water.

If you do notice that the addition of the two solutions in your aquarium results in a precipitate (as evidenced by cloudy water), then simply add the solutions at different times of the day - say, an hour apart. (This is usually only a problem for people with really hard water, however, and not a common occurance.)

Giving this system a go, and ordered all of the chemicals listed on the PPS site. It said that you would need CaSO4 (Calcium Sulfate), but the PPS pro recipe does not have this ingredient. Was this only supposed to be for Classic users, or an optional addition for people who's source water doesn't have enough Calcium? I have about 8 degrees of GH from the tap, is this something I should consider adding? I am new to this forum, and to plant keeping in general so sorry for newbie questions!

I started with Estimative Index, then just kept altering until it suited my way of taking care of the tanks.
I ended up with almost the same recipe as PPS-Pro, but less micros.
Weird!

Здравствуйте, простите мой английский, я из России и не знаю английский язык, я использую переводчик. Не давно стал использовать систему ППС-про и минерализирую воду по рецепту Эдварда . Скажите какой должен быть pH ? У меня KH 0-1. Сколько подавать СО2?

рН должна быть направлена ​​на животный мир в вашем аквариуме. Kh от 1-2 должно быть хорошо не позволяйте ему достигнуть нижнего предела. Я не совсем понимаю вопрос co2. Вы используете co2 под давлением или сделай сам конфигурацию дрожжей? Реактор представляет собой менее расточительным способом введения co2 по сравнению с диффузором.

Thank you,With my KH and 0.25 ,pH is around a 6.5, if you start feeding CO2 the pH drops to 6.0.Won't I have problems from such a low pH? So I think maybe we should abandon the supply of carbon dioxide?

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.