Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Can you help me doing a good investment in liquid fertilizers? My tank has 160lts and probably it will have some difficult plants.

[smilie=u:

·
Registered
697 Posts
you can look into the seachem liquid fertilizer line, or the kent fertilizer line. however, for the long run, those would be fairly expensive. i would suggest you look into the dry fertilizers, as you can buy in bulk, overall cheaper, and last longer between purchases.

·
Registered
697 Posts
for dry fertilizers you would need for macro nutrients:
KNO3, K2SO4, K2PO4, Mg (this is just epson salts that you can get at your local drug store)

for your micro nutrients, or trace elements:
CSM+B and possibly additional chelated iron (i personally use seachem flourish and seachem iron, but that's just me)

you can purchase these items from the forum sponsors here, or check out your local hydroponics shop in your area. this is where i get mine from.

these are the two more popular fertilizing regiments that most members here follow:

EI Method
PPS Method

give those a read and see which suits you most. if you feel that you do want to go the liquid fertilizer route, i would suggest the seachem line. here is a dosing chart:

Seachem Dosing Calculator

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I liked very much the PPS-Pro. I think I'll try it.

TE is the most difficult to have, probably I'm going to buy seachem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts