Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the planted world. I have had a 55 gallon aquarium for about 6 months now and all is well, it's just that there is only so much enjoyment one can get from plastic plants. So I have decided to do a planted aquarium. I may be setting myself up for a fall, but I'm going bit my first try. I just bought a 180 gallon tank. 6x2x2. I am new to this whole world so I am fumbling through lights, substrate, nutrients.... ya know, the new guy stuff. I guess I'm just saying hi for now and if anyone has any tips, I would LOVE them. It'll be a Rainbow fish tank with certain others to keep the tank clean. I will look forward to talking to you all very soon.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Welcome. My best advice would be to read, read, and read some more. Take your time and don't rush into things.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the support. I have been reading for the past 2 months and this could be my problem. SO MUCH CONTRADICTING INFO! every one has their way. I have a basic idea and will be doing a post in New to Planted Aquarium section with my current ideas. From there I will let you guys shoot me down and build me back up.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Don't be frustrated by contradicting info. Of course there are going to be people who pretend to know what they are talking about and really don't however, also remember no two tanks are the same and what works in one tank often doesn't in another. You've got to find your tanks balance.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :D

There is more than one way to do things, so you just need to find the right fit for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts