Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mabuhay!

i got this pic from Ed Polak's website : Construction of My Aquaterrarium

---though its a vivarium but i am thinking of putting tree fern just like that in my 75g so i can attach my anubias, java moss, java ferns and other plants that thrive in low light and attached to things. One of the issues of course, it would stain the water and i dont know how long the tree fern will last underwater. has anyone done that in their aquariums? My first choice is a corkbark but its very pricey overhere. So any suggestions/advsises?

thanks and Godbless

Godbless everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
I am not sure I understand your question. Is your goal a cork back type scenario where you would attach moss to? Or are you asking about attaching Anubias and java ferns? Anubias, mosses, and java ferns can be attached to anything you want to place in the tank, like rocks, and driftwood. Just be sure the rocks won't leach out anything (do the acid test). HTH.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mabuhay!

hi there sir Bert!

thanks for the response and i apologize if my inquiries were not clearly stated.

I am planning a wall of java fern, java moss and possibly anubias "nana" on one of the sides of the aquarium. My original plan was to silicon a large corkboard so but the price is beyond my budget. Then i got to browsed sir Ed Polak's website and he used the slabs as wall for his vivarium. So this got me into thinking that maybe i can use the same material to achieve the wall that i want in my aquarium. So if anyone has this kind of experience using tree fern slabs i would gladly want to know about it.

Forgive my english folks. Anyway, thanks for any response.

Godbless

1 - 3 of 3 Posts