Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 10g aquarium for my 3 yrs old daughter that I recently hijacked to test my wet green thumb. :) I have ordered a few plants that I should be receiving tomorrow or day after. I have 2 stupid questions that concerns me. The aquarium came with a power filter which hangs from the back and a heater. Will the plants die if they touch the heater ? Will I have an issue with background plants close to the filter ?

If the plants survive for 2 months and I can keep the water clear, my next step is a 60 gallon tank :D

BTW, looking through the aquascape forum, I am amazed at the talent pool of this forum, those aquariums are like works of art. One thing for sure, I won't be posting pictures of my aquarium anytime soon :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
No they will not die if they touch the heater. If you fall in love with our obsession I would say read read read!!!! Read on light, substrate, fertilizers, photo period, co2 every thing. And you will have plants growing and thriving. Ask every question you can and please post pics we love to see what other are working on, more pics is more help. And by the way, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the warm welcome :) Some of the plants are in today, rest I am hoping to get tomorrow. Lets see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts