Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals, I'd like to figure out what is going on with our next meeting.

Are people in the mood for a collection trip / fun in the sun? Or for an indoor activity? Of course I expect we'll do a swap N' shop as usual.

Our meetings are usually the 3rd weekend of the month on saturday afternoon but since that is this weekend I think it might be too soon to get a good turn out. How about Saturday the 22nd?

Would this be a good day for everyone?

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
That's the date I had in mind, too. Are you volunteering to host?

Do you have any leads on a place we can legally take a group collecting? I've been trying to track down a privately owned pond with an owner willing to give us permission.

I've also acquired door prizes for the next few meetings :)

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to host but I'm not 100% sure I can make it back then. I'll try my best but its probably best if someone else hosts this weekend just to be sure we have a place to meet up.

Not sure about collection rights, but what about town parks? That place near your house with where we got wood was pretty neat. Barring that place we could ask the people down the road from your house where the giant snails live and the vals grow. The pond is very clean looking, we might even go swimming/get rubber tubes and float around if we have permission?

I could also bring my microscope and we could use it to examine micro organisms collected from around the pond // water. It would be neat to see what lives in local bodies of water. We can take photos and video of it as well.

Or we can look around for live foods. I very much want to culture daphnia or maybe scuds for fish food. Maybe rotifer if we can find some.

What about local nature centers? I know they sometimes do surveys of the ecosystem. It might be fun to contact them and get involved in survey work for next month.

Perhaps we can also contact a university and see if they are going plant collecting or doing any botany surveys.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad news. I won't be able to make it this weekend, but I will be free next weekend on the 29th (saturday).

Would anyone object if we planned our meeting for that day instead?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts