Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the aquarium pharmaceuticals today. And when I got home I realized right on the box 0-5ppm. I'm very lazy to drive down and return so I figure I could just estimate on how much darker the color gets from 5ppm? Anyone have any suggestions?

Rgds,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
double the ml of test solution and the drops or just the ml of aquarium water? Just curious my Nitrate test only asks for 1 ml of water so its hard to see.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Dennis!
How are things going with everything? Are you sure that they sent you the right one? I have the AP NO3 test kit W/ a 160ppms, but its not like you can tell after 20ppm because the color looks the same after that. Thats alittle odd, why don't you give the company a call and see if you could get the one that tests for the range that I have. Thanks

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
double the ml of test solution and the drops or just the ml of aquarium water?
Double the size of the test sample, so if the test calls for 5ml amd 1drop of test solution, use 10ml and still use 1 drop. This may give a finer gradation of color making it easier to read. If your result now reads for example 5ppm, then the actual reading is 10ppm.

For finer gradations when performing titration tests such as GH or KH, double the test solution and divide # of drops by 2 for results.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Eric, John,

You're right, I'm such a something something. I got the nitrite test kit on accident. And the worst part of all is that I used it once, and the bastard LFS wouldn't let me return it. Oh well...

Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts