Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my first foray to pressurized CO2, I bought a "Aqua Euro CO2 diffusor" from Dr. Fosters and Smith but whenever passing CO2 it makes a sound almost like white noise thats driving me crazy. I have isolated to the diffusor and not a leak prior to it.

Is this true of all similar diffusors due to gas passing through the ceramic disk, or are higher quality/different diffusors silent/close to silent?

Thanks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you here that high pitched bubbling, it means the system is working. No sound, start worrying. I'm afraid, you'll just have to get used to it...

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I'm using the Calaqua glass inline diffusor and hear absolutely nothing and it is working. Perhaps I'm hard of hearing?
my Cal Aqua in-line diffuser makes the hissing...

The only diffusers that I haven't heard hissing from are ones I've seen Robert Hudson offering, the asian ceramic diffusers that look almost like a regular air stone. But maybe I just haven't paid attention...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks. If I lower the output the noise is liveable, else its simply too distracting. (I'm already living with a city's 60Hz hum ;) .) To maintain my ppm target I think I will simply split CO2 into two diffusors with a manifold, while getting the bonus of being better able to target the CO2 mist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts