Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not bad! I see you used pagoda(sp?) stone. They scape and position is pretty good but the size o the rocks are completely off scale. Your main stone is too big compared to your supporting stones. I think you should try and get some bigger supporting stones to balance out the size of the stones.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.. unfortunately I tried bigger stones and due to the size of the tank I couldn't fit them in to balance the larger stone.. the smaller stone I had designated for the middle was just not impressive in terms of character...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just thinking.. maybe I should try and "break" down the stone in the middle.. maybe a chisel will do...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Actually I have some nice pieces and tried to break it on my lawn with a slug hammer. It didn't break. Let me know how you break yours! I think I just need a harder surface to smash them on. It is worth a try go for it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking of biting the bullet and trying to secure some Seiryu stone from House of Fins in Greenwich CT.. stay tuned.. I just got my shipment of plants from Aqua Botanic and will hopefully tackle the planting o HC these next few days.. I may end up letting it grow "emersed" so no scaping for the next 3-4 weeks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts