Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i reacently did a huge water change, trimmed up some plants and moved some others and im ready for more shrimp as the 2 that i had died. right now i only have 4 mollies in there that were used for cycling. i was initially plannin on gettin neons but i think i might get some guppies cuz of the colors and ease of breeding. id like a to get some cherries to start raising also but idk how many to get. i know this is prob a noob question but i couldn't find anything on a search so i posted

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
It will only take a few to turn into a bunch. I'd would start out with 5 or 6, unless you have a large tank then you may want to get more.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
In a 20G you could go with 10 to begin with, this will also give better chances of getting both sexes. Females are a brighter red then males. However color is determine by age, food eaten & tank conditions.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Shrimp don't add much bio-load to a tank. You can have way more shrimp then fish. There is really no rules to how many per gallon though. If you buy 10-20 Cherry's the population will double in no time. Some may get eaten by the fish but it should not be noticble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts