Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tank has gone through small changes since i planted it about 5 months ago, but I'm going to be pulling up the clover that I was trying to use as a ground cover and will be replacing it with glosso and dwarf hairgrass. Since I'm already planning on doing this I figure I might as well rescape the whole tank, because to be honest I just don't like how it looks.

here is the most recent picture i have:

Like I said, the clover is going bye bye. So the plants I'll have to work with is the rotala roundifolia, the crypt wendtii, the anubias, and the glosso and hairgrass

My LFS doesn't have a great hardscape selection, and what they have is rather pricey, but I'm guessing I'm going to have to pick something up since I don't think those 2 pieces of driftwood really work for the tank. I'd eliminate the driftwood all together (I can get stones for rather cheap and they're not as awkward to work with I think), but I have 2 plecos so I need at least some driftwood in there (the clown is a wood-eater, so...)

I really don't have any ideas, which is why I came here :)

Other inhabitants are some neons, a betta, and 2 ADF, but that shouldn't make much of a difference in terms of scaping ideas.

The tank specs are:
15 gallon AGA
DIY CO2
40Watt CFL bulbs (but I'm debating going up to 50watt for the gloss)
Substrate: about 1-1.5in regular gravel on top of about 2-3in of Schultz Aquatic Soil
ferts are a mixture of Seachem line and DIY stuff

don't know what other info I need to provide. I've been perusing the net trying to find ideas, but I've yet to come up with anything.

thanks for any help you all can offer

·
Registered
733 Posts
Even if you're moving to using Glosso, 50 watts might be too little for Glosso. You may be able to grow it, but they'll grow vertically rather than growing densely. I'd recommend that you have a good reflector also.

The other thing that I noticed what that with the gravel you have, it's going to be very difficult planting Glosso.

Good Luck with the transition.

regards,
Ravi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts