Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tested before my water change and noticed my plants arent taking up the ferts Im adding. My specs are:
kh-5
gh-20
Po4-2.5
No3-30
Ca-85
Mg-35
Ph-6.4

I havent tested since the 21st, and my values are never this high esp. the No3 and Gh(CA and Mg). I dont know what happened. On my last water change I did add too much CaCl-2 tablespoons. rose my Gh too high to 16 and Ca to 75. that was 5 days ago. My Co2 is def high enough but no plants are pearling. I dose 8 ml Flourish, and 8 ml excel everyday. Along with 6ml SS and 2 ml PS daily. Lights are on 12 hours per day. No big changes other than putting in some new plants to try out. Any advice would be great. I am doing a major water change tomorrow to help re balance my tank out I just want to know why the plants are not intaking the ferts?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm not sure about the GH element of this story, but is there K missing from the system? I see lots of NP but little K. K2SO4 might be the solution.

Andrew Cribb

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Hi
I would keep 20-30 ppm Ca and 1-5 ppm Mg.
You mean 2ml PF?
There is K in the SS and PF solutions. The combination of 6ml SS with 2ml PF makes a ratio of 10:2.5:13 NO3:pO4:K

Edward

1 - 3 of 3 Posts