Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmm! I suppose I'll switch from bringing shrimp to bringing something else then, maybe some fish or some other type of meat.
Zap,
Why don't you bring the shrimp and I will bring some tilapia and a few boiled eggs.

I will also bring a regular blender and a stick blender. With the caveat that, as my wife said, "I clean them before I bring them home".

·
Registered
910 Posts
Man, I don't wanna sound like I'm complaining.. But that's a long drive from me. But it has been a long long time since I went to any meeting. The last one i made was a NEPS @ Uncle Neds Fish Factory.

I'm tempted to go. And if i do decide to, i have endlers i received from John N. a long long time ago. They are black bar and snake skins, but i'm trying to thin out. That and some $$ for other fun things people may have.

My only debate is it's 85 miles each way lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Amanda - I'm not sure what to think of the discus other than they are frustrating. I tried them with the well water and they were stressed out, then I switched to RO and they bred several times. Then I added the driftwood and now all they do is hide all day and not eat much. I really like the driftwood and it would be a pity to have to remove it, but it seems like that might be what is stressing them out. The lighting before when they were breeding was 5x96w PC, now it is 3x96w PC and they choose to stay on the brighter side with 2 bulbs for some reason. The surface is also covered by duckweed now so the lighting is more reduced then ever.

John - did any of the babies survive from the apisto pair you bred? Will you be bringing any?

I'll try catch the excess kribs I have for the meeting, I need to get them out of my tanks, also I'll try catching the bristlenose babies that are now ~2 inches.

Muirner - yeah its a long drive for me too, probably about 50 miles each way. Its a bit of a drag, but then again its only once a month and it isn't always so far. I think at some point soon we should plan to have a meeting closer to the Hartford area for all the other members in the club that live north of New Haven.

Also, as a general reminder to everyone, I am looking for ideas for future club meetings, please email me (and CC the rest of the club), or make a post on APC in our section if you have any ideas. Ideas can be big/small/adjustments to current programs/etc... We need to make this club into something everyone can enjoy and share in and the way to achieve this goal is by building it together.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Zap, I think your discus are just broken. Then again, I think most discus are probably broken, lol!

In other news, my order of flakes from Ken's has arrived... don't know if I mentioned that before, but I now have 1/2lb earthworm flakes and 1/2lb angel flakes to contribute :D Plus some colorbits.

·
Registered
894 Posts
John - did any of the babies survive from the apisto pair you bred? Will you be bringing any?
Ummmm, I don't have any apisto pair, you must have confused me with someone else :) Anyway, I'll try to bring some aquarium stuff and other odds and ends for the auction or swap... I lost half of my plant spp collection when I was out on a 3 week vacation so I'm gonna need some cool & rare plants!!!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Well. I feel that went nicely. And I'm going to enjoy growing out the new plants I got my hands on :mrgreen:
Thanks for coming everybody!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great meeting! Despite the generally gross nature of the fish food mix, you guys were determined to make it work.

I think there should be a somber moment of silence for Amanda's blender, it's never going to be the same.

I managed to somehow fit all the plants I got at the auction inside my 10 gallon along with the shrimp. It simply looks amazing.

Anyway, I don't know if we'll be meeting for December, so I'll wish everyone early holiday wishes.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Yeah, well, it was an old blender anyway. There's a reason why its main function these days was making fish food :p Emphasis on the "was"

In other news, my father took a look at the tank rack yesterday and was shocked to find that what he described as "6,000 little bugs" had appeared overnight.

I'm still trying to decide whether the swords or the ricefish are going in there with the rcs... leaning toward the swords, b/c I think the shrimp might eat the ricefish eggs... but probably the sword fry, being born live, wouldn't be bothered. On the other hand, the swords are big enough that they could easily munch on baby shrimp. Thoughts, anyone?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts