Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received an entry nominating this beautiful tank as our October 2008 Tank of the Month:

Shay has been keeping a variety of aquariums and paludarium systems for over 20 years. This 450 liter beauty sits in his home office. His use of contrasting textures and colors is a wonderful example of the Dutch style of aquascaping. For additional photos, a list of plant species, and details of the setup, please see the Library Article.

·
Registered
584 Posts
This tank is absolutely amazing. I would love to get some advice on how he gets the plants to grow in such incredible groupings. I can never get the hedge look in my plants.

Once again congratulations on an awesome tank!!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
One word, amazing!

-William

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice and lush!!! looks really good, but why is the water so cloudy? is it just the camera? or was it recently planted?
:shock:
OK I give up.
You should work as a special agent in the FBI and solve some majore crimes.
It was all planted an hour before shooting specially for October TOTM and they are all plastic plants.
:slywink:
I'v prepared something for the jury:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/shay.fertig/DropBox

·
Registered
8 Posts
really where did you get those plastic plants??? they look very real, are the fish robotic? ...after seeing more pictures i can see the real beauty of your tank! crystal clear and beautiful!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts