Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here are some directions.

From I-75 take exit 32 Middletown. Take 122 west. Follow 122 for a couple of miles. Stay to the right. Turn right on Orchard Street I am up on the right at 513.

513 Orchard Street
Middletown, OH 45044

I have included my address for those that like to use mapquest. It is real easy to find.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sounds good! It will be nice to hold the meeting at someone else's house for a change. Gives Jim a chance to who off his tanks which means I can let mine go that week ;)

Anyone volunteering for the November meeting yet?

I don't know how you will be heading to Jim's but if I-71 isn't an option on MapQuest definately take I-70 to I-675 to I-75. Much easier than the crazy directions you had to my place before!

·
Registered
925 Posts
The Turface is available just about any time. Just need an amount. :) Lets just hope Matt has room for storage if you can't meet the day I or we pick it up. :) I'm going Tuesday or Wednesday (Probably Tuesday) To get my 4 bags. Might get a few extra then also.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I shouldn't need any for a while b/c oceanic is dragging their feet on the custom tanks for another week or two, but I'd really like to see Turface in person...same with the sand. If somebody can bring samples of each to the meeting, that would be great.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If Damon doesn't make the meeting and is willing to give me a handful or so I will bring some Turface to the meeting. Since the meeting is being held at Jim's this month are those of us north of Middletown (and Sean too) going to carpool again?

·
Registered
395 Posts
MatPat said:
If Damon doesn't make the meeting and is willing to give me a handful or so I will bring some Turface to the meeting. Since the meeting is being held at Jim's this month are those of us north of Middletown (and Sean too) going to carpool again?
How far down is it? Your not fair from the highway, but its its not all that much father i may just run down. I think lauren will come too, she now has a planted ten gallon ](*,) You all are dangerous to a paycheck!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
ctmpwrdcamry said:
How far down is it? Your not fair from the highway, but its its not all that much father i may just run down. I think lauren will come too, she now has a planted ten gallon ](*,) You all are dangerous to a paycheck!
Good for her, now you have to get her posting on here too :) A 10g is a good starter size but I'll bet you she will need to go bigger in the future!

Jim's house is only about 15 minutes from my house so it really isn't much more of a drive. It would probably take you the same amount of time to get to my place as it would just to go straight to Jim's!

·
Registered
925 Posts
MatPat said:
Lol Where do you think I'm storing the extra bags!!!!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
By Hijacking the Hijack, I think you are getting the thread back on track! :)

As of now, the meeting is being held at Jim's house, 1pm on Sunday October 30th. You can PM or e-mai him if you need directions but I think they were posted earlier in this thread.

I should probably let Jim do the typing here since the meeting is at his house but...I will bring along some of the extra non-alcoholic beverages from last month's meeting since Tracy and I only drink diet. I think Jim is providing some sort of snacks but I'm not 100% sure of that. I'm sure he will let us know more when he gets the chance.

Bringing the Turface to the meeting is out for now since the place Damon went does not carry the grey form like they said they did. I will check on an alternate source for this tomorrow and let everyone know. It is in my hometown of Marion but I couldn't call them today.

The black sand Rob was looking into may be a possibility for the meeting. I sent Rob some Tahitian Moon Sand (TMS) today via Snail Mail so he may have it tomorrow. He can compare the TMS to the sand at a few places and see how it will work as far as grain size is concerned.

I will bring along our fert order, dosing bottles, and a scale in case we want to split up some of the CSM+B w extra Fe. Greg is also sending us 4 lbs of Barr's GH Booster to try out without any additiional shipping costs. ;)

We will need to discuss setting up the tank at Dave's a bit, re-visit the website and banner idea, and maybe talk about a few fund raising ideas. It would be nice to have a bit of cash to pay for things like group orders from Greg, maybe get a speaker here next year, hold another BQ, etc. If you have any fund raising ideas, bring them with you to the meeting.

Other than that, I think the meeting will be our typical BS session...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts