Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plants growing odd: Nesea Pediciallata, Ludwigia sp cuba.

The growing tips are crumpled up like some have been calling "Calcium deficiency."

I am not so sure i believe that to be true. I have not tested my water in awhile but it used to be GH of 10-12. I'll add Flourish Tabs all throughout the tank and see if that helps (They have a lot of calcium), but has anyone fixed the problem doing anything else besides calcium?

Sun,tues,Thursday,Sat i add 3/8 tsp KNO3 and 1/8 tsp KH2PO4
Mon,Wed,Fri i add 15ml Flourish and 15ml Old Flourish Iron "Pond"

That should be enough, no?

It is my 50 gallon info on tag.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im no expert, but sometimes my cuba does that after I replant a trimming. Usually I just wait it out and within 2-4 days, either it spreads out and grows normally, or 2-3 offshoots form around the crumpled looking leaves and continue growing in its place.

Hope this helps

Otis

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Try giving some extra iron, even though 15 ml of Fluorish iron ought to be enough.

·
Registered
852 Posts
This problem in my tank has usually been due to some sort of bad NO3/PO4 ratio. When I add more PO4, things usually perk up and the stunting goes away.

Nesaea pedicellata and Ludwigia sp. Cuba are two that I have had trouble with. It seems plants in the Nesaea/Ammannia/Rotala family (Lythraceae) like to stunt more often than others.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Shane I get the same thing on my A. reinickii sometimes. My gh is also high, around 11-12. I have tried adding everything I could think of and have never figured out any culprit or fix. It occurs sporadically and goes away the same. :roll:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am 100% positive that i have more than enough NO3 and PO4. I was thinking of more micro's as well. It has done this before in the past but not for this long (A week). Thanks for advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts