Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got five pygmy cories last week from a petstore 1.5 hours from my home but only .5 hours from my work. They had just gotten them in, and the girl catching them was quite rough. Needless to say, I lost three, and the other two are doing swimmingly (haha, get it? I'm so funny I can't stand it!)
Anyhow, so I took the dead ones back with a water sample (which was immaculate, of course), and bought the rest of their pygmies with my replacements (for a grand total of five). They wrapped the bag in paper, set it on the counter, I went and grabbed some sinking pellets, and paid. I get home, take off the newspaper and find TWENTY FEEDER GOLDFISH! I called them back, they apologized and said the goldfish guy brought back my cories. I told them there was no way I was driving all the way back tonight as I wouldn't make it before close and had NOWHERE to put the goldfish. He told me to keep them.
I don't want no stinkin' goldies!
So right now, in an empty ten, I have twenty perky happy feeder goldfish with a sponge filter and some H. corymbusa. I couldn't kill them. I guess I'll take them with me to work tomorrow.
*sigh*
thought I'd share. Boy was I surprised to find goldfish in that bag!
I plan to "carp" on them tomorrow... (pun anyone?)

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
This too has happened to me. Went to lfs for frozen foods, ended up coming home with a bag of corals. That had to go right back as at the time I had no way to keep them overnight. Store personnel had to stay late to wait for me. What a pain.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Whew, im glad nothing like that has happened to me! I usually end up getting my fish from places about four hours from home. No way I would be taking anything back!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Isn't that a surprise when you find something like that? The amazing color changing Pygmy's....

That happened to me with an overnight shipment last fall. I took off work early so I'd be home to take the package of Cardinals and Shrimp. They came with this odd flat box and I started wondering how this guy packs anyway...
Of course any fish shipment is exciting, so I open it in anticipation and find a Python extention in there.... :???:
It turns out he sent my fish to the other side of the country (California) to the lady who was expecting her Python....
He felt horrible, but jumped on it and got it all fixed up within a week. I suppose the other lady got some bonus fish out of that one, but I sent the Python back so she could have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts