Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, revamping my tank turned into an even bigger adventure than planned! :shock: In order to tear down and start fresh with my 26 gallon tank, I picked up a used 20-gal to temporarily hold my fish and the few plants I had that were worth keeping. This worked well, except that when moving recently I left the substrate and some (inch or two) water in there. Got the tank to the new place and all set up, with no problems other than the fish not liking getting into/out of the bucket. Anyway, last Friday I went to change the water, and that extra bit of pressure caused a slow leak to develop! :x So, I wasn't about to put everything back in the 26 gallon (which hadn't even been moved yet!), so the fish went back into the bucket and then I decided to just return them to the LFS and will start completely from scratch with the other tank. What a way to start the weekend!

Any ideas on how to dispose of a leaky tank?

·
Registered
174 Posts
been there done that on a work night try that one with a 75 gal. tank back seam went out even though it was new and set up right

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
been there too my 10 g leaked until it was hal full with all my shrimps in it, it leaked sandy water out the whole night, got a new tank the next afternoon because I had school, transfered everything for the leak to the new. returned the leak. how fun.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I've had more 10 gallon tanks leak than I can count. People just keep giving them to me. I learned early to set them outside for a week to see if they leak. Bonus is the greenwater I get for my daphnia.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Ah, the joys of a leaky tank.....

You could probably give it away for a reptile or critter cage.
Otherwise, they make great terreriums.

Quite honestly, the only one I've ever had leak (KOW) just went to the dump, and chances are someone else picked it up for whatever.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured that through the wonders of www.craigslist.com I will be able to find someone to adopt it. It's amazing what people will take when it's free!

Now onto the planning for the remaining tank... :twisted:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts