Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to let everyone know Oliver Knott will be coming to Houston, TX April 6-10. We are working on putting together a couple of days of very cool and interesting activities while he's here including a presentation at Gallery ADG about his visits to ADA Japan and namely last year's "ADA TRAINING DAYS" where he assisted Mr. Amano with the revamping of several ADA Gallery layouts. Subscribers to AQUA JOURNAL will have seen some awesome photos of Oliver and Amano working side-by-side in the most recent issue. We will spend time with the 90cm ADA tank here in Gallery ADG and delve further into the finer points of ADA products.
As well we will organize a "TOUR OF THE TANKS" where myself (Jeff Senske) and Luis Navarro will take visitors on a guided tour all over Houston to see in person the many ADG/Jeff Senske planted tank installations in various commercial and residential settings, and of course around to view Mr. Navarro's many beautiful works. Hosted by ADG and NASH (Nature Aquarium Society of Houston), they'll be some other workshops, plenty of one-on-one discussion time, and that's not to mention the many amazing restaurants and awesome dining avaialble here in Houston also. Having Luis and Oliver together for dialog at the same time alone sounds pretty cool to me! More to come soon, please inquire with any questions and maybe think about booking a flight to Houston!

Also, please keep an eye on the Aquarium Design Group forum here on APC for updates and other announcements of events planned for Oliver's visit. We have already added some things.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It was a great pleasure for me coming again to the USA.

Especially to visit Houston, Jeff and Mike Senske (ADG) thanks very much for your invitation. I'am looking forward to meet the Aquarium people from Houston and maybe from other states.

Maybe your are interesting to see some pictures from my "Training Days" at the ADA company in Niigata - Japan. I want to talk a little bit about "Behind the scense" at Takashi Amano and his company.

...a little titbit you can see at the attached picture: Takashi Amano "searching" some stones at his "decoration warehouse" ;-)

Best regards,

Oliver Knott
www.plantella.com

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oliver,

Surely a visit to Southern California is high on your priority list, right? ;)

I'm sure we'd all like to meet you, too.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John,
Laguna is stunning- I lived there for 5 years- toward N. Laguna on Myrtle Street, then a bit south on Center Street, riht off PCH. Ever go to The Stand or Taco Loco? Mushroom Tofu Burgers rock! Sorry...Got carried away there. Anyway, Laguna would be a killer destination for anyone. Maybe Oliver would like to go !

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks Jeff. My wife & I moved here over 2 years ago. Do you remember the Surf & Sand Hotel? We live up the street from there (up Bluebird Canyon).

Yes, very familiar with Taco Loco & The Stand. Fun, quirky places!

There are quite a few of us here in SoCal. It'd be fun to have a weekend of activites around visits from industry/hobby notables.

·
Registered
44 Posts
John,

I wish to see the many beautiful places in the USA. But I don't have many time in April. My establish priorities was to visit the ADG in Houston.

But I hope I get the chance in the future to see more from your country...also Southern California promise :)

Best regards,

Oliver Knott
www.plantella.com

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That would be great if you visited California. At Monterey Bay aquarium they finally successfully managed to keep a Great White captive.

BTW, I might come down to Germany for the WC 2006, will you be there? What city do you live in?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Raul-7,

that's sounds very interesting. I really like to see a Great White in live, for me the most amazing fish on earth.

I live in the West-South part of Germany...20 minutes by car away from Heidelberg...and 60 minutes from Stuttgart (where they build the Mercedes and Porsche cars). I'am looking forward to the WC 2006 in our country, and try to get some tickets.

Gomer,

thats really close...Prague a nice cultur city

Best regards,

Oliver Knott
www.plantella.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts