Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go like a hurd of turtles, is exactly what I did. I purchased a CO2 tank (10 lbs), regulator, needle, valve and the works back in the spring, and I just now found a supplier to fill the tank. Progress almighty!

I've hooked it up and will begin my version of EI dosing and CO2 tomorrow.....

With any luck, my fish will live at least another week and I'll have a commercial forest under water.

Yea...ME

I'm Manwithnofish, and I endorse this message.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
No, with any luck you will have a beautiful growth of aquatic plants, with nary a spec of any species of algae, and only once will you gas the fish with excess CO2.:p

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Congrats on getting the CO2 tank filled! So, when you say "my version of EI dosing" I assume you are taking the regular dosing guides (EI, PPS, Seachem...) and compiling them and tweaking it all into something that works for your set-up?

-Dave

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's a learn as you go process, not so much a hard fast regiment of precise quantities at exact equally spaced intervals. I don't do well with things like that. If anything, I lean to a reduced rate, quantity, etc.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
No more than 2 weeks. If the plants are submersed grown, it should take even less time for you to see a big improvement, assuming you are getting enough CO2 into the water.

·
Registered
12 Posts
could be worse, week after I buy a tank and pay to get it filled I have 2 people stop by and each give me 5lb tank thats 3/4 full.

I saw improvement after 3 days...everything took off like crazy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, it's a learn as you go process, not so much a hard fast regiment of precise quantities at exact equally spaced intervals. I don't do well with things like that. If anything, I lean to a reduced rate, quantity, etc.
i wish you luck.....really. i tried that approach and paid dearly with a tank full of algae covered everything. so bad that i considered giving it all away. i just discovered the pps approach to fertilizing last week. after only a few days of regularity, beleive it or not i am already seeing stabilization occur. the one thing i have learned from all this is definatelly start out with a plan.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No more than 2 weeks. If the plants are submersed grown, it should take even less time for you to see a big improvement, assuming you are getting enough CO2 into the water.
I'm around 28 bubbles / minute. One week into this thing. I also pumped the light up a bit. Lost my big Algae eater (Florida Flag fish). Seeing more agae, most likely due to light increase. Will do my first 50% water cycle after starting the dosing. I hope this works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts