Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
It's looking great! I love the rocks and the overall layout. I like the idea of some Anubias in there for contrast. Maybe a Nuphar japonica, the large, light green, translucent leaves would be a great foil for your spiky plants and it's easy to train it to stay a certain height.

The Ranunculus inundates is great (I think it may be what I traded to Robert). Mine always heads toward the back of the aquarium since the tank is in front of a window and it wanted the sunlight - darn plant ignoring my scaping plans. ;) Anyway, as long as it gets sufficient light it's easy to grow.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
You've really packed in the plants for the swap haven't you? I've been doing the same in my tanks, not very pretty but it's not for long. :)

I think you could use a large leafed plant to contrast with the delicate leaves on the left. If you go with Anubias coffeefolia on the right, how about Anubias minima on the left? It doesn't seem to get too big and it has a nice upright pointed leaf that would fit in nicely as a mid-ground plant between the blyxa and background stems. Your wood wouldn't seem so lonely then, too. Have you thought about adding a bit of color or is it just not showing up in your pics?

You have rocks in there? Unless you plan on attaching anubias to them, they're just taking up valuable planting space so you might as well remove them.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
How aggravating that your colorful plants are staying green. I know what you mean about the Hygro sunset, when I have the time I cut and replant the tops and toss the bottoms so I get color lower in the tank. If Anubias are too slow, how about some Crypt wendtii. If you got the bronze or red variety you'd also get some color. :) They wouldn't complain about the Hygro angustifolia shading them either. I keep thinking the golden leaves of Blyxa aubertii would look great in your tank. I have it next to Hygro angustifolia and it's a nice contrast. I don't know quite where it would fit in your tank though. I always seem to get plants and find a place for them later. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.