Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Looks like your aquarium needs a serious pruning. Perhaps some lower foreground plants for the front of the tank with the lighting upgrade?

I bet you will start to see a change in the morphology of the leaves in your water sprite --changing shape due to the higher light intensity.

Carlos

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
!

Actually, it didn't need pruning. The pictures were taken after pruning the plants to where I wanted them to be. Don't want foreground plants either because that would complete change the effect I'm going for with the tank.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! :D

BTW.... the aquascape has been completely redone since the photos were taken.... Will post new pics. soon...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I think I get the feel you are trying to create. However, I also feel that your plant choice doesn't match well with your goals. Water Sprite has far too large leaves for this type of tank.

I would try to incorporate greater amounts of the fine-leaved Myriophyllum sp such as pinnatum and simulans. They have a much greater resemblance to trees and provide a more effective forest-like atmosphere.

Carlos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts