Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know a lot of you couldnt stand the thought of having something as lame as a "no fishing" sign in your tank, but what if it looked like this!?

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's what you want in your tank that counts. It's neat looking but I like natural. Now as a whimsical tank it would be great.
I like the color of th sign as a rock base, or as a stump.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Very artistic, but I have to agree that in a fresh water tank, with the natural look of the plants and fish, this really doesn't fit. Nice craftsmanship though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe stick it next to your tank. It's pretty cool glass art. But if you want it in your tank thats what makes it your tank. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
thats the type of thing you drop in your friends tank when they are away... and yes I have done that =)

·
Registered
135 Posts
thats the type of thing you drop in your friends tank when they are away... and yes I have done that =)
That's great. I wish my friend would have done that but instead he dropped a few coins in my 55 and didn't understand why I freaked about it. His comment "I thought it was like a mall pond or wishing well!" Needless to say, he hasn't watched over my tank again and I didn't lose anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so i guess what everybody is saying is they like it, but they dont like it. LOL i should try just a dead log and some grassy, ferny lookin stuff then? what if i made the log like a cave for fish to hide in? im kinda "fishing" for ideas (huh huh durp!) because i want to make more of these!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I can see the artistic value in it. But on a planted tank forum I doubt anyone would put one in their tank. No offense, but we like all natural decor, like rocks and wood. Were not saying it is bad either. You would probably get a better response in a more general fish forum, who like to put castles and sunken ships. Which, theres nothing wrong with that per-se but I doubt youll find many/any one here that does.

But nobody is saying it is bad... from an artistic standpoint it's pretty beautiful, and much better then a typical no fishing sign seen at a LFS.

·
Registered
579 Posts
so i guess what everybody is saying is they like it, but they dont like it. LOL i should try just a dead log and some grassy, ferny lookin stuff then? what if i made the log like a cave for fish to hide in? im kinda "fishing" for ideas (huh huh durp!) because i want to make more of these!
you made that?

·
Registered
116 Posts
contrary to the earlier comments I accually keep fake decorations in my cichlid tanks, the one was accually one of my favorite scapes I've tried

I used to blow glass on occasion at my buddy's who owned a company called black dog glass art, thats pretty rad if you made that bro

the tanks are a 20 long and a 40 breeder, the 20 housed them as juvys and now they are in the 40, within a year they will be in a 125, which I plant on planting semi heavily and putting even more fake decorations in, the other half of the sunken ship, some more fake coral, and a pirate skull, I say do what you like

for any purist I may have offended check out Buddha's heady hangout, my main planted tank, with tropicals and no fake deco.... even found the driftwood used by a stream at a buddhist monestary : )
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/journals/76925-buddhas-heady-hangout.html

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
maybe not a saltwater. the color i used for the rock base is saturated with copper and some of it comes to the surface

edit: and silver...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts