Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Zapins and all, Like Zapins said it probably will work with any kind of moss but I think it will only work on rough, semi rough rocks and wood. They will need something to grab onto.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ya. Didn't have as much luck as the OP and I'm using some rough/porous rocks. Time to go with an epoxy solution on the rocks. Light coat of epoxy with a brush or via a spray bottle and sprinkle the moss on top. Let it dry, and voila.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mean seriously you have grounded them.. awesome idea

·
Banned
25 Posts
I have regular fissident, so I was wondering if this method can be apply to those? Cause I do not have a lot and don't dare to test them..

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
If you don't have a lot then just tie it on with thread. That way will grow for sure. The method in this thread is more for a situation where you have a large amount of moss and want to cover a large area quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just made an account to comment on this thread!

Here's my situation: Yesterday, I've cut up (instead of grind) my fissiden into really really small pieces. Then I put it back into my tank directly under my light (which i would leave on for the duration of this project).
I then decided to put an existing driftwood I had into this (dry) tank too. This driftwood has java moss tied to it, and I was hoping this process would allow the moss to attach and root itself into the wood.
Well, this morning, I went o check on the progress and have discovered mold developing on my driftwood...

Should I continue and let the mold grow, and worry about it once i fill the tank with water again? Or should i remove the driftwood? would it affect my fish once I fill it back with water and let them return?

DSCN2268.JPG

DSCN2271.JPG

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Yes he used a meat grinder to chop up the moss into small bits.

You can also just chop the moss up with a knife or pick it apart by hand, anything to make it small and spreadable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know what was done or the setup described it's not clear what's going on seeing how the photos have expired.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts