Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions? Looking for some reputable dealers for fish on the internet. Just trying to buy in bulk for my new tank, and get the species I want, not just what the local dealers happen to have in stock on any given day.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
You can try the bigger Mail Order places such as Dr Foster and Smith or That Fish Place for mainstream items. There are hundreds of specialty breeders also. Aquabid is back up and running, that could be a good source too.

What might be better is to state what you are looking for and then if someone has experience with a reputable breeder/seller for those items they can reply.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Breadhead said:
bump...

Anyone have any suggestions?
This all depends on what kind of fish you are looking for. For New World Cichlids (other than discus), personally I recommend www.tangledupincichlids.com. The guy who runs the joint gets in altums and whatnot periodically, and breeds a great deal of his own stuff. He's also relatively cheap, considering the alternative methods of coming by such fish.

For tetras and rasboras and stuff like that, I know there are sites out there but I can't remember them at the moment :( A little diligent searching should get you some places.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
As far as I know, the www.cichlidexchange.com has the largest supply of freshwater fish. But if you want to order directly from them you have to A) be more than a 100 miles from the nearest LFS they supply and (B) you have to order a minimum of $100 worth of fish. I think it would be better for you to check with your LFS to put in an order with them for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys... looking for some fish to compliment my new Rio ***** biotype setup... Otocinclus, rummy nose, cardinal, farawella etc... Discus to come later after my tank has aged properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts