Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey leave your opinion on what you think?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, seperate out your stems and bunches and spread them out to give you more mass and faster growth.

The way you have everything arranged looks like it will all grow in nicely. I can't wait to see this a couple months down the road!

-Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wouldn't have the swords so close to the glass. They radiate out in a rosette -- not straight up and down like they are now in their emersed form. Otherwise the new leaves will press up against the glass.

I'm going to take a picture of my tank I set up a 5 weeks ago to show you what I mean.

Here it is. The sword is on the right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's also going to get bigger, and the piece of driftwood behind it is cramping it, but I can remove that without uprooting the plant.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldn't have the swords so close to the glass. They radiate out in a rosette -- not straight up and down like they are now in their emersed form. Otherwise the new leaves will press up against the glass.
I agree.

You need to do a little work on it with the plant placement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Idiopathogen, how did get your light raised off the tank like that? What could I do to raise mine up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
kkaso, are you going to repost after some growing? That's always fun to watch.

It is a coralife fixture I am using. IT looks like your is as well so you should be able to get those mounting legs.

~Peter

·
Registered
930 Posts
Idiopathogen I have a satellite fixture sitting on its legs. I am concerned about the light that spill out. Doesn't that lower the light that actually gets to the plants?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're > 2 watt/gallon, I'm sure its fine.

We tend to use too much light anyway.

One coralife fixture I had overheated sitting on the glass with a canopy. Keeping them elevated keeps them cool, and will probably extend the bulb's useful life as well.

·
Registered
534 Posts
A few inches will not make a difference, and most of those plants seem to be low light. The swards will quickly over run that tank, which you make like depending on what setup you want.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have 2 amazon swords in my 29 gallon tank. I am keep the growth to minimum by having them in area that the light is low.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts