Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand a good circulation in the aquarium will be crucial to bring nutrient to the plant and to remove 'dead spot' for debris accumulation etc.

Can anybody advise how I should creat an optimal flow of water in the aquarium (i.e the strategy). Assume I have a canister filter and an underwater pump, I would like advise on 1) placement of their intake/outlet and 2) flow rate wrt water volume etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some background:

tank size: 40"X18"X24" (depth) (i.e. around 260 litres)
filter: Eheim 2222 (500 litres/hour) X2
lights: 4X39Watt T5HO at 6500K, 2XT8 32Watt, at 10000K and 14000K ...light on for 9 hours daily.
plants (all with high light demands) are planted moderately dense. My focus is on a carpeted bottom with cluster of different plants scattered around rocks placed here and there....
currently no significant trace of algae, except small patches of BGA on the tubling of the filter....they just sit there and seems not to scatter all around....
Others: ADA Amazon soil, PH~6.5, KH~2 to 3, I'm using ADA ECA and Brighty K, as well as Tropica's Tropical Master Grow....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.