Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Oregon plant swap meet

24K views 180 replies 19 participants last post by  yikesjason 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been talking to a few Oregonians here, Medred, minsc, Jeremy and others, about planning a get together for everyone to meet and trade plants and have a little fun!

I propose we meet at a restaurant of some kind, like a pizza joint, Sharis, Dennys, something like that right on I5, somewhere south of Portland between Portland and Salem. I know people in and around Portland, Oregon city, Beaverton, Newport, and Salem. I am sure there are others all over the place. Anybody would be welcome, even if anyone wanted to make the drive down from Washington. Then there is the GPAS people, the wetspot people...

I also propose we do it on a Saturday afternoon. None of this workday evening nonesense!

who would like to come? I'm thinking like the middle/end of September?

Lets hear from people! I have lots of plants to give away!

#5 ·
Thats ok, hehe, I'd probably kill them anyway! I finally figured out who MedRed was. He's been a customer and I didn't even realize it! I would love to get every plant nut in Oregon together in one room! Dave whats his name with the british accent that has worked on and off at the Wet spot for years... GPAS people, people from all over Oregon... Planted tank people, APC people... Portland people, Salem people. There is a lot more than you think! I've had some level of contact with most all of them for the last 8 years...

Anybody know a good place to meet off of I5?

#17 ·
Jeremy suggested to me we meet at the Round table pizza in West Linn. He says they have a banquet room that is free if you reserve it. Sounds fine by me. I don't know where West Linn is exactly, but it can't be that far! ;)

I also got an email from a board member at GPAS, (Greater Portland Aquarium Society) who said they would like to be involved in this, help promote it, whatever. So I am thinking maybe we should move the date a little later to give more time to get the word out. Maybe the second week in October?

Also, January is my ten year anniversary of when I started my business, WEB site. I was thinking of having an open house in January. I ought to have the place clean by then!:D

Any comments, suggestions, requests?

#19 ·
I guess we could do it the third saturday in October. I don't want to make it to close to the November holidays. Jeremy, can you change the reservation at Round table?

So, October 18th at Round table pizza, West Linn 1 oclock. I will put it up on my WEB site, It will be put up on the GPAS WEB site, and I will announce it on my email subscription list. I think I just might be able to arrange to have a CO2 regulator raffled off too!

#50 ·
For those who missed the date/time and don't want to search for it.

I've started stockpiling trimmings in a spare tank so I'll have something to bring. Mostly Ludwigia arcuata and repens, Bacopa australis, and Myriophyllum mattogrossense right now. I'll wait til we're closer to the swap to thin out my ferns and Anubias petite. I'm also eying a large clump of Crypt spiralis as something to take, it's going to be a huge pain (and mess) to get it out of the tank though.

That is some nice driftwood zer0zax. I don't really need any but some of those pieces are very tempting. I really like the look of the one in the very back to the right of the bottle. I'd have to totally redo a tank in order to fit it in though.

#24 ·
I'm just thinking we will have a table for everyones contribution and then everyone can take what they want, (within reason, leave enough for everyone!) Other than that, I am open to suggestions.

Catherine, you can ride with me if you want. :D

I will bring a roll of plastic bags. I don't know of anything else we need...

Come hungry! It would be rather embarrasing if nobody ordered anything!

#25 · (Edited)
I want to come! My aquarium is in a half-life state right now, but I can bring a few java ferns, Sag.Subulata and MTS.

E-cubed, don't feel bad! I was thinking about not going because my plants are common and ugly, but everyone on APC has been kind and helpful, and finally being able to meet a few of the people who have helped so much will mean a lot! It will be cool to meet some fellow NWsters:cool:

#26 ·
Thats the spirit!

Round table pizza
October the 18th at 1pm.

their addrease is
19121 Willamette Drive (HWY 43)
West Linn, OR 97068
http://maps.google.com/maps?source=i...-8&sa=N&tab=wl
taking exit 8 off the I205 and head North towards Lake Oswego. Its in the Bales parking lot towards the right in back as your facing the market.

So who is definitly coming?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.