Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That sounds like fun! Either weekend would be good for me. That's also enough time to let my plants grow out again after my list trim so I'll have something to bring.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'm planning on going. Name tags would be helpful, I can live with looking dorky. :)

I plan to bring a baby Kleiner bar sword (several leaves but only about 3-4" tall), lots of Crypt spiralis, some Anubias nana petite, and whatever ferns and stems are overstepping their bounds when it's time for the plant swap. Oh, I'll also bring red-floater and frogbit.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I guess we could do it the third saturday in October. I don't want to make it to close to the November holidays. Jeremy, can you change the reservation at Round table?

So, October 18th at Round table pizza, West Linn 1 oclock. I will put it up on my WEB site, It will be put up on the GPAS WEB site, and I will announce it on my email subscription list. I think I just might be able to arrange to have a CO2 regulator raffled off too!
For those who missed the date/time and don't want to search for it.

I've started stockpiling trimmings in a spare tank so I'll have something to bring. Mostly Ludwigia arcuata and repens, Bacopa australis, and Myriophyllum mattogrossense right now. I'll wait til we're closer to the swap to thin out my ferns and Anubias petite. I'm also eying a large clump of Crypt spiralis as something to take, it's going to be a huge pain (and mess) to get it out of the tank though.

That is some nice driftwood zer0zax. I don't really need any but some of those pieces are very tempting. I really like the look of the one in the very back to the right of the bottle. I'd have to totally redo a tank in order to fit it in though.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'm coming and I'm totally antsy waiting for it to be time to come. I'll be cleaning/pruning my tanks this week and will bring whatever excess I have. I have at least 10 crypt spiralis plants, Myriophyllum mattograssense, Bacopa australis, Ludwigia arcuata, L repens, a good size Kleiner bar that's taking up too much room in my 29, Ranunculus inundates, and whatever ferns and other stems are taking up too much space. Is anyone interested in floaters? I have red-root floater & frogbit I can bring.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'd like some ramshorn snails. I lost the last of mine a while back between the hunting of my loaches and bettas. Now I have a couple of safe tanks they should do well in.

I have plenty of frogbit to share, zer0zax, so no worries there.

I trimmed my 29 last night and I have over 50 nodes of Ranunculus so I hope someone is interested in it. Also trimmed several nice pieces of Anubias nana petite and got the Kleiner bar out (soil substrate but very little mess thankfully). Darn sword had recently doubled in height to about 10" tall after being 5" tall for over a year. One tank down, six to go.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Grrrrrrr, I've been fighting a cold since Sunday evening and it's showing no sign of abating. I really hoped it would be letting up by now since I've been looking forward to the swap for so long. I may have to send my plants to the meet with Robert.

Anyone have a good remedy for a common head cold? Y'know, runny nose, stuffy head, occasionally sneezing fits and generally feeling lousy. The cold pills I've been using aren't working very well at keeping my runny nose under control and it's driving me crazy. Nyquill is great, but it renders me unconscious so I can only take it at night. Of course I don't know that it actually clears my symptoms, but I'm not awake so I don't care. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Thanks, I'll give 'em a try. I really jinxed myself last week, I said I'd been lucky and managed to avoid colds for years - figures, right? I should have kept my mouth shut.

The meds I had sitting around when I went looking in my cupboard had expired in 2006 and they don't make the ones I used anymore. It's totally futile to try and make a reasoned selection standing in the isle of a store when you feel rotten.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'd feel better about going if I could get my #)*& nose to stop dripping. I don't feel bad about being at work since nearly everyone here also have this bug. I've been sleeping as much as I can and did I started feeling more energetic yesterday. What did I do with the sudden energy? I trimmed a bunch more plants for the plant swap. ;)

I think Dayquill did make me drowsy. I know I've tried it before and something about it didn't work for me. It's been too long though I can't remember . . .

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'm sorry I missed the meeting. After Robert picked up my plants I ended up sleeping for over 3 hours so I guess it was for the best I didn't come. It helped though as I'm finally feeling more or less human. :)

I'm definitely interested in attending a future meet. Mid to late January would be good. Everything should be pretty overgrown after the hectic holiday season.

BTW, how many people ended up going Saturday?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Zer0zax, I'm interested in the puffers. Somehow I've gotten pond snails and they're driving me crazy. With 7 tanks and at least 4 of them with pond snails I have a good bit of cleanup needed. I should also be able to find the puffers a long term home.

I don't suppose there's anyone interested in kribs? I have at least a dozen that are 1+" long. Some look like they're close to maturity and others are definitely still juvies.

Has a date for the next swap been set yet?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Shrimp? Did someone offer shrimp? The blue is beautiful, I can see why it's your favorite. I need to set up a dedicated shrimp tank though. Right now I have cherry shrimp in two tanks and almost never see them because they're always hiding from the fish.

You're right about the flame moss, it does grow very quickly. It makes a rather neat groundcover for lower light areas. I may just have to use it for that whenever I get around to setting up my shrimp tank.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
What time in January would be good for everyone? The 31st wouldn't be a good day for me, but the 10th, 17th, or 24th would work well. How about everyone else?

Are we aiming to hold the meeting in the Portland area again? I don't think there are many of us in Salem.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I should have plenty of bolbitis to trade, I'll have to see about flame moss and lace leaf java fern. I'm interested in that new crypt - it sounds interesting, but I need to see it in person! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.