Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
hey, watch it! I resemble that remark!

:supz:

And I have met David there too, and I know he has one plant I must have. Some sort of Nymphaea with green leaves blotched with red and with darker maroon or brown spots. Nobody there can tell me the species, but it is a thing of beauty!
Micranthra, and yes, they look great!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I will be bringing small amounts of Tonina fluviatilis, Polygonum sp. 'ruby', Rotala wallichii and nanjenshan, Ludwigia ovalis, xmas moss, something that may or may not be crassula helmsii, and yes, I should have a couple erio minis and maybe a plug of UG.

If I could make a request: if anyone has a few cherry shrimp they can spare, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
So, just to let everyone know, the plants I am bringing are from a tank where a fish is showing signs of a protazoan parasite. This has been going on for weeks, I have medicated the tank repeatedly with both Ich Attack and Maracide, and still the one single fish has recurring spots, whereas the other 30+ fish are unaffected.

I seriously doubt that the parasite will be spread through the plants, but I will be clearly marking all my plants in case people want to quarantine, rinse, dip or otherwise treat my plants before introducing them to a tank with fish.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I feel a little guilty though...I took a box of ugly plants/wood and came home with a box of gold! Hopefully see you guys again soon!
Don't feel bad, everyone gave what they wanted, and everyone got some great plants in return!

I was serious about going out and searching for driftwood and plants with you, or anyone else interested in tromping through the mud... just name a time and place.

The event was a lot of fun, I'm still eating the pizza right now! Next time I'll try to bring enough erio minis and Tonina fluviatilis lotus flower for everyone to try it in their tank.

·
Registered
574 Posts
JOPA sounds pretty good, anyone from Washington can just lie about where they live[smilie=l:

zer0zax, I'm not going to have any time until next year either, but I would definitely enjoy any sort of wilderness excursions.

About the puffers, have you had them in community tanks? I would love to see my snails die, but I don't want any fish to get hurt.
Do you think they would attack full grown amanos?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Zer0zax, if Catherine can provide a good home for the fish, they should go to her. If I remember correctly, they enjoy being in groups, and might be happiest if they aren't split apart. If I decide I want some, I'll just buy them:) I think I'll probably try to track down some assassin snails for this particular tank though.

Robert, I was under the impression all the plants that Marci and Steve were taking were either for their own personal tanks, or for the display tanks at the store, and not to be resold. I will be going there either tomorrow or friday, so we shall see...
At any rate, I thought they were enjoying themselves, and as long as they are interested in learning about planted tanks I see no reason to exclude anyone. The third person was an employee of theirs, who is one of the more knowledgeable plant people at the store. I'm pretty sure he came because he wanted to be there! If I'm not mistaken he is the yikesjason that just posted, but I could be wrong... we need some clarification here:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.