Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
These are the pea size, green freshwater puffers right? I used to keep them. They don't bite thru the shell like their larger cousins. They actually suck the snail out of their shell! They prefer small snails, babies, and eggs. They do a good job at irradicating. They like to be in groups and sort of school, very much unlike their larger cousins who tear each other apart. If its one of the larger species, then I would keep them separate.

I would take them if nobody else wanted them, but it sounds like you got takers!

JOPA sounds pretty good, anyone from Washington can just lie about where they live
Oh common, we can do better than that! If we are going to form a club, I suggest we don't invite the wet spot people again. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are really plant hobbyists themselves, and this was billed as more of an "event" which is why I think they came. They probably expected more people. Maybe that woman is into it, but I don't think Steve is, and I still can't figure out who that guy was that came with them! Am I being wierd, or do you understand what I am talking about?

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Well I can take excess plants too! Thats not a problem. In fact I can take them in trade, or pay cash, whatever... Catherine has traded lots of plants with me! If we start going to peoples homes and having a more intimate atmosphere, or a study group, discussion, that sort of thing, I thought those guys would feel out of place. I could be wrong, it doesn't really matter.

I am glad I didn't bring plants though, we really didn't need them.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I have no problem with the Wet spot, everything is cool, I just wish more hobbyists were there, and I guess that sounds wierd coming from me! I don't even care if they sell the plants, thats not the point. I sold the plants I got! If ony six peope came and 3 of them were from the wet spot, wouldn't that be a little wierd? Don't worry, its all good.

Jason, I love your apples and potatoes! In fact I am eating the last apple today with my lunch. I should have grabbed more.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I move that Robert Hudson be nominate for president of the yet unnamed planted aquarium club.
Do we have a second?
LOL.. thanks Jason, I think, but first lets just see if we can get another meet going! I don't need to be president. I would be happy if people will just trade plants with me! I need flame moss!

Michael, you do not have to have plants to trade in order to come, or be an expert. Newbies are welcome. You can be our project, to get you up and going! We had a couple newbies last time and made sure they left with more plants than they knew what to do with! ;)

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 · (Edited)
I'm pretty open.. lets stick to saturdays! Location... we could even do it at the same place as last time. Salem would be great! If I am president, we will have it in Salem every time! Anything on this side of portland would be nice! :tea:

January is my ten year anniversary. My WEB site went up in January of 1999. So I will bring a bunch of plants and goodies this time.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
This snow has just been killing me! I've basically been stuck in my house for a week, when I did venture out, I slid off the road and possibly bent my axle! My car is in the shop now, and I have a rental today. I havn't seen this much snow since I was a kid! I wasn't able to get my presents mailed off to my family, someone sent me some plants I was not able to recieve... since I couldn't get to my office I couldn't ship any orders or answer email, phone messages, this just sucks!

I'm gonna have to get internet service at home from now on...

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
I am going to bring the following

Eriocaulon australia type 2

Eriocaulon thailand

Cryptocoryne wendtii florida sunset, (the new cryp from FAN, sold for $200 each at the AGA convention)

Nesaea golden, (new Nesaea specie from FAN that has golden yellow leaves with red stems)

Rotala GREEN

Echinodorus bolivianus, easy to grow grass plant that is not commonly available

I will trade for

flame moss

fissidens

Echinodorus vesuvius

needle leaf java fern

UG

Bolbitis

Wendiluv, Java lace fern

I'm looking for bulk, the more the better. I'm not going to trade a 25 dollar erio for a smidgen of moss! I need bagfulls!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.