Aquatic Plant Forum banner
121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Michael-
Great to have you among us. I am still really new at planted tank. Just getting started with DIY co2 and saving up for pressurized. I hope you can make it to the next swap meet. It is great meeting some more people in the hobby here in the area. Not to mention all the different plants that were available.

·
Registered
120 Posts
For everyone else-
After the last meet, there was talk of starting a club. Robert did a great job spearheading last time.

I move that Robert Hudson be nominate for president of the yet unnamed planted aquarium club.
Do we have a second?

Not exactly correct protocol, but what do you guys think? Should we make the January meet the first meeting of a new club?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Robert - Sorry for my confusion, I had it in my mind you were in Salem earlier for some reason. Anyway, its cool there are other folks around into this as well as a local place to mail order some plants.

yikesjason - Thanks for the welcome.

It would be cool to make it to a meet if it worked out. As of now my tank is to lightly planted, I'm just getting stuff together while I fight the algae and hopefully gain some confidence from the plant growth I'm getting. My guess is to much light for to few plants, not sure though, but I'm to stubborn to turn off some lights or shorten the photo period, I enjoy being able to see it :) I put together my CO2 diffuser this weekend as opposed to running it to the intake of a powerhead, I guess I'm doing things slow. My one place local to get plants is Petco, their selection is not that great and isn't replenished to often. I did get their two amazon swords that had runners and little baby swords on it in hopes I could make them bigger. But, things are starting to come together and I should be able to order some variety soon. Until I get some and figure out how to make it grow good, I wouldn't know what to do except offer some money for some food and/or carbonated beverages.

I just found you guys and wasn't there to hear any of the talk at the meet about a club. Though I do think it would be neat, I did just wander in so I'll keep input to a minimum for now.

Michael

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I move that Robert Hudson be nominate for president of the yet unnamed planted aquarium club.
Do we have a second?
LOL.. thanks Jason, I think, but first lets just see if we can get another meet going! I don't need to be president. I would be happy if people will just trade plants with me! I need flame moss!

Michael, you do not have to have plants to trade in order to come, or be an expert. Newbies are welcome. You can be our project, to get you up and going! We had a couple newbies last time and made sure they left with more plants than they knew what to do with! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
What time in January would be good for everyone? The 31st wouldn't be a good day for me, but the 10th, 17th, or 24th would work well. How about everyone else?

Are we aiming to hold the meeting in the Portland area again? I don't think there are many of us in Salem.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 · (Edited)
I'm pretty open.. lets stick to saturdays! Location... we could even do it at the same place as last time. Salem would be great! If I am president, we will have it in Salem every time! Anything on this side of portland would be nice! :tea:

January is my ten year anniversary. My WEB site went up in January of 1999. So I will bring a bunch of plants and goodies this time.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The 10th is out for me now, the 24th is still OK. I have another meeting to schedule in January and a possible race to go to depending on the weather. If we could nail down a date that would help me schedule the other one and not overlap. I have a selection of rock to bring to this one.

121 - 140 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.