Aquatic Plant Forum banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sounds like it's the 24th.

Wilsonville is fine with me, I'm probably the farthest out on the north end so someone else will have to find a place to meet.

I like the idea of bouncing the meeting around peoples houses so we can see the tanks, but the logistics would be a lot harder to make work with the vast area we are coming from. I doubt anyone would want to drive all the way up here to my place and Eugene is a 2.5 hour drive for me at 138 Miles. Someplace in the middle would probably work better for most. I'm an Hour from Wilsonville.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
This snow has just been killing me! I've basically been stuck in my house for a week, when I did venture out, I slid off the road and possibly bent my axle! My car is in the shop now, and I have a rental today. I havn't seen this much snow since I was a kid! I wasn't able to get my presents mailed off to my family, someone sent me some plants I was not able to recieve... since I couldn't get to my office I couldn't ship any orders or answer email, phone messages, this just sucks!

I'm gonna have to get internet service at home from now on...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would definitely be interested in going as well. Since I am new to the state I haven't had the chance to explore outside of Portland much, it would be nice to visit a new area. This snow definitely kills a lot of exploration outside of walking.

I feel your pain with the car situation. My car is in the shop as well (firetruck hit it), I can't get my car back because either the shop is closed due to snow, or the parts they need can't get here. Rental car has lousy tires. I was so excited to make it out w/the rental today. The main roads are fine but those side streets are awful. Had to be pushed probably four times. I need to move out of my temporary apt in the NW, but there is no way to park on the side of the road so as to get my stuff. I am hoping for a big melt before Jan 1st.

This weather really makes looking for work/getting interviews difficult. I can't imagine having a business and not being able to run it right now.

Anyhoo... Looking to forward to meeting other enthusiasts, just hope that whatever job I find by then will not keep me from the meeting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know which exit to take to get to Fry's in Wilsonville, that is Wilsonville right? Any possibilities in that area? I don't know the area that well just trying to get some ideas generated. I grow pretty excited, my wife will be trying to get off work to attend. I do most of the work on the tank, but she has worked quit a few years in nurseries/greenhouses so she does have an interest which goes deeper than just looking at it.

I got to replace my two shop lights which had (4)-40W fluorescent with (4)-T5 bulbs last night. Yea, more changes to throw things even more out of whack!:rolleyes:

Michael

·
Registered
13 Posts
Potential place to meet on the 24th

Hi everyone,

I've taken some time... at work... to search the net a bit for possible meeting places. Apparently there used to be an Izzy's in Wilsonville that is shut down, they were my first thought as I remember larger back rooms at their restaurants in Salem. But, no go.

There is a place called Boone's Junction Pizza & Pub that sounds like it may work. I spoke with a lady on the phone that said they had a back room with 4 tables that could be closed off. I explained there may be around 15(?) people and asked how much and if we should reserve it for the 24th. She said they would not charge for it. It is also not really a banquet room, not something they normally "reserve", but she said on a Saturday at 1:00 it shouldn't be a problem getting us in there to ourselves.

Unless I hear any objections, or suggestions for a "dedicated banquet room" elsewhere I'll call them back tomorrow and tell them to expect us on the 24th of January at 1:00 PM.

They do not have a webpage but here is some (a little) info from OregonLive http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/et-venue/17271/boones-junction-pizza-pub

What do yall think?

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
I am going to bring the following

Eriocaulon australia type 2

Eriocaulon thailand

Cryptocoryne wendtii florida sunset, (the new cryp from FAN, sold for $200 each at the AGA convention)

Nesaea golden, (new Nesaea specie from FAN that has golden yellow leaves with red stems)

Rotala GREEN

Echinodorus bolivianus, easy to grow grass plant that is not commonly available

I will trade for

flame moss

fissidens

Echinodorus vesuvius

needle leaf java fern

UG

Bolbitis

Wendiluv, Java lace fern

I'm looking for bulk, the more the better. I'm not going to trade a 25 dollar erio for a smidgen of moss! I need bagfulls!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That's a very cool looking plant. You're getting more in a month or two, aren't you? I'm not in a big rush but I think I'd like to get that at some point.

Is anyone going to bring one of the smaller groundcovers like HC or glosso? I'd really like a start of something as the HM I have is much too big and keeps trying to grow over the mid-ground plants.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.