Aquatic Plant Forum banner
161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it to this plant swap, but I will make it to the next one for sure! I should have a ton of shrimp and moss by then, and my bolbitis is starting to really take off.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it to this plant swap, but I will make it to the next one for sure! I should have a ton of shrimp and moss by then, and my bolbitis is starting to really take off.
That's too bad, you will be missed!

I spoke with Marci last week and it sounds like they will be in attendance.

·
Registered
120 Posts
With the meet being this Saturday, who is planning on being there?

I will be there. I just have a few basic plants like wisteria and riccia that I have growing well enough to bring some. But it is so common I am not sure if anyone will want any.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Sorry to hear you wont be coming zer0zax. I'll be there. So far I'm planning to bring large amounts of Ranunculus inundates, bolbitis, narrow leaf java fern, windelov java fern, and Limnophila aromatica. I also have some Blyxa japonica, Blyxa aubertii, a little Pogostemon erectum (formerly Rotala verticillaris), a red ludwigia that may be a cross with L repens but has much narrower leaves, 2 red melon swords (1 big, 1 baby), a very small red rubin sword that was being smothered by its neighbors and is recovering well now that it's getting light and whatever else I come up with in my 4 remaining tanks over the next few days. I should have some crypts and more stems.

Please come and take some plants! They need homes. :)

Riccia? Hey, I've been wanting to try that. It's only common if you already have it. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and both will be there so we can add two more. We're both looking forward to it.

If anyone has any "extra" MTS we actually wouldn't mind some. We already have pond snails to hate and if we're going to be ones to hate MTS's we might as well figure that out now. I'm assuming they'll do ok even if in a glass in a climate controlled home? If it's a bad idea let us know.

As far as plants we're just trying to grow anything we can to see what we can and how we like it. Our main supplier is the LFS which doesn't receive much variety very often. Our E. tenellus & microsword are both spreading well. We have four E. osiris that are growing very good. We also have a little Java Moss and a small piece of Java Fern that are doing well. Unidentified stem plant doing good, The one thing I'm surprised about is that what we bought as "Amazon Sword" still isn't doing a whole lot, not dieing just kinda growing slow and short. I would have thought these the things to take off but not yet. I'm interested in ground covers as we never could get those to grow last time we had the tank set up. If anyone has a little HC I'd really like to give that a try. I would be most interested in little bits of variety rather than a lot of one thing as we really still don't know what we want yet. We gotta figure that out.

CS Gardner - I would really like to try any kind of crypt!

yikesjason - I'd like some of your riccia, as I say we're just trying to figure out what we can grow and what we like. We've never tried that.

zer0zax - Sorry ya can't make it, hope to meet you sometime.

I'll stop by some office store and get some labels so people who don't know the names (like me) can keep up with whats what. I'm interested in learning some of the scientific names so that would be a big help for me. Are ziplocks bags ok? I could get some of those as well, or just cruise the various bag aisle at the grocery store and see what there is. It's been a while since I've bought baggies.

I'm just hoping the place we're meeting at is ok. I'll call them again on Friday and remind them that we'll be there.

Michael

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Michael TD, I have at least 4 types of crypts I'm bringing. I hope you're not a stickler for exact identities since I'm not sure on some of them exactly what they are. I'll bring a list of what I've bought in the past.

I can add to my list of offerings (spelling is probably off, sorry) Myriophyllum mattogrossence, Potomageton nodosus, Rotala rotudifolia, Cardamine lyrata, Lobelia cardinalis 'small form', flame moss, and Hygrophila corymbosa 'angustifolia'.

Is anyone interested in floaters? I have Salvinia minima, Limnobium laevigatum (frogbit), and Phyllanthus fluitans (red root floater). I've actually been tossing a lot of it because it's been in my way, still have a lot though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I missed this swap and look forward to the next one - hopefully soon???

Anyway, Just trimmed plants and have these (very colorful) for trade:

Rotala macrandra 5-6 stems, Rotala wallichii 12+ stems, and Ludwigia ovalis 6+ stems....

Trade anyone??? Looking for foreground stuff. I am located in downtown Lake Oswego

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update:

ALL gone!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow Shauno, you have 96 watts on a 16 gal tank. That is a lot of light.

I am also looking forward to the next swap meet. It looks like I am getting a 75 gal tank and am going to need some more plants to fill it up with.

·
Registered
120 Posts
For those of you who don't check the OPE group page on the planted tank, we are talking about planning the next plant swap meet. Is Sat. the 14 too soon, or should we plan for a different weekend later in the month?

As far as a location, there is a Pizza Hut near the I-5 / I-205 interchange that has a good sized banquet room we can reserve. We just need some feedback so we know if we should reserve it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Since we never really got much positive feedback on doing the meet on the 14th, it got pushed back to April 4th. The full info is below. Hope a lot of people can come.

Date: Saturday, April 4th
Time: 1:00
Place: Pizza Hut
8335 SW Tonka St
Tualatin, OR 97062

·
Registered
33 Posts
^^link does not work...

I am looking forward to attending my 1st plant swap!

161 - 180 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.