Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Oregon plant swap meet

24K views 180 replies 19 participants last post by  yikesjason 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been talking to a few Oregonians here, Medred, minsc, Jeremy and others, about planning a get together for everyone to meet and trade plants and have a little fun!

I propose we meet at a restaurant of some kind, like a pizza joint, Sharis, Dennys, something like that right on I5, somewhere south of Portland between Portland and Salem. I know people in and around Portland, Oregon city, Beaverton, Newport, and Salem. I am sure there are others all over the place. Anybody would be welcome, even if anyone wanted to make the drive down from Washington. Then there is the GPAS people, the wetspot people...

I also propose we do it on a Saturday afternoon. None of this workday evening nonesense!

who would like to come? I'm thinking like the middle/end of September?

Lets hear from people! I have lots of plants to give away!

#31 ·
Cool.cool, cool! I think there is 4 or 5 more people from the plantedtank.net forum who said they are coming, including a couple people from Washington. I am hoping anywhere from 12 to 25 people may show up.

Should we have a sign in sheet so if we want to do this again we can mail out invites? should we have name tags? [smilie=r:

Rex has seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth...

#34 ·
Hey Robert i ran into David at the Wet Spot a couple of days ago, He cleans and maintains the planted display tanks in front, at least i saw him redoing the one in the upper left corner, so he does kinda work their. He says he will be their i gave him one of my business cards with my phone number and the date and place. Super nice guy he helped me with one of my plants i traded in, that i had the wrong name for. We talked for quite awhile he is going to the AGA meet, If anyone else who reads this is also going i would like to state now for the record....... I HATE YOU! And the first Oregon aquatic plant swap meet is going to be so much better!;) especially with that list of people in the September news flash LOL

#35 ·
I'm planning on going. Name tags would be helpful, I can live with looking dorky. :)

I plan to bring a baby Kleiner bar sword (several leaves but only about 3-4" tall), lots of Crypt spiralis, some Anubias nana petite, and whatever ferns and stems are overstepping their bounds when it's time for the plant swap. Oh, I'll also bring red-floater and frogbit.

#47 ·
I'm starting a 75 soon (still building the stand right now) but I would like to take this opportunity RIGHT NOW to call DIBS on the piece of wood in the upper left of the photo, just below the bottle!

I don't have a lot to trade (probably some basic plant trimmings, Ludwiga repens, Wisteria, One BIG AMAZON SWORD, rotala, chain sword) just let me know what you want!!!

#49 ·
I don't have anything to bring either as a newbie... and not much room for more plants unless I set up a new tank. However, if anyone had a single small Nymphaea micantha :pray: , I have room for that one saved... I really just want to meet some people and have a slice or two of pizza :hungry: and a beer :drinkers: .

#48 ·
Zenzi: All you are required to bring is yourself! Robert set up this swap so we can meet local plant people and relax! The only plants I'm bringing are some small ugly ones that no one will want, but I am really looking forward to meeting real-live plant people! The only plant people I know right now are digital. The date/location is posted earlier in this thread.

Logan's Daddy: It's yours! Don't worry about trading anything, I am running out of room so I really do have to get rid of this driftwood. Whatever anyone doesn't want will be tossed in the woods, that way I can get more driftwood when I go "fishing" :rolleyes:

#54 ·
This is going to be fun, since zer0zax has the driftwood covered I'll leave mine home, I have a bunch of small stumps I drug home. I will be bringing a bunch of ammania bonsai, Dwarf hairgrass, a little Downoi, hygrophilia sp. low grow, limnophila aromatica, I have a ton of java fern if anybody is interested. and what ever else I can dig up. Sounds like we will have a good selection to pick from.

I also will throw in a folding table in case we need it.

Brian

#55 ·
Bpimm: you could at least bring me MY stumps that I have been looking for! :fencing:
Well, on second thought I'm to good for your stumps anyway...[smilie=l: I am planning a paludarium that will have no driftwood, only bonsai trees, so only living driftwood for me:rolleyes:

#57 ·
I will be bringing small amounts of Tonina fluviatilis, Polygonum sp. 'ruby', Rotala wallichii and nanjenshan, Ludwigia ovalis, xmas moss, something that may or may not be crassula helmsii, and yes, I should have a couple erio minis and maybe a plug of UG.

If I could make a request: if anyone has a few cherry shrimp they can spare, I would really appreciate it.

#59 ·
I'm starting to get more fidgety with anticipation as the days dwindle down! Robert's hooking me up by bringing my plant order so I can save on shipping, plus I can't wait to take some notes on how you guys deal with our soft water. Harden the water a little, or just dechlor and throw it in? I'm bringing a notepad and pen, and will be asking tons of questions...if you see me coming, RUN!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.