Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Today we relocated our fish from the 112l-tank in the kitchen into the 50x50x50cm tank in the living room.

Filter: CristalProfi I80
Lighting: now 2x18 W of a ceiling lamp (will be change to a 2x 24W T5 from Juwel)

We took all wood, stones and plants and the water from the old tank into the new.

The big wood in our other tank doesn't float anymore, so we had to change the arrangement on the right side because of danger of collapse:

regards
Gaby und Herbert

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I really like the second one. There is lots of visual contrast in color & texture throughout the 'scape. The one round rock on the left side seems a bit out of place but that's only a minor distraction from an interesting setup.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Beautiful tanks. Only one thing I don't understand about the wood getting waterlogged being a problem. I thought that was the goal to keep your scape stable.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful tanks. Impressive.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I really like the graceful flow of the driftwood coming in from the right and the little meandering paths among the HC. I don't now if theya reintentional or if they just hadn't grown togetheryet, but I think I like them better than I would like an unrelieved carpet of HC. Beautiful job!

Karen

·
Registered
839 Posts
I love the driftwood in the big tank! It looks really natural. I agree the rock on the left is out of place. I think its the color that doesn't go. I would get a more brown rock, or let some algae grow on it, or put some moss or fissidens on it. Maybe you could plant a low growing plant on the left front side (something taller than HC). With how you have it now the foreground extends all across the tank and I think breaking that up by bringing something forward on the left would be more interested. Even if you leave it just as it is, it is still Beatiful! Good job. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,

here's a little update:

The Limnophila aromatica begins to change its colour from green to red

regards
Herbert and Gaby

·
Registered
118 Posts
I really like the curly driftwood in the larger tank. the rock on the left does make the tank less natural by making it symetrical. Maybe cover it in moss? The rest of the tank looks great. I am green with envy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts