Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Hi shenson,

Here is the thread that I used when I started.

Currently I use the USPS Priority Mail 6"X6"X7" box (free from USPS) and line it with either bubblewrap or if shipping to a really cold or hot location styrofoam sheet (for xtra chg).

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Don't use a wet paper towel it can cause rotting during shipping. You want to put the plant in a ziplock bag with as little water as possible in the bag, then flatten the bad so there is no air. This prevents the plant from drying out and prevents it from rattling around during shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I actually don't agree with the no-air theory. I've found my plants arrive fresher if they're in a sealed bag with air and a tiny bit of water, enough to keep it humid but not drown them. Too little air seems to smother the more delicate species.

·
Administrator
7,395 Posts
Don't use a wet paper towel it can cause rotting during shipping. You want to put the plant in a ziplock bag with as little water as possible in the bag, then flatten the bad so there is no air. This prevents the plant from drying out and prevents it from rattling around during shipping.
A lightly MOIST paper towel seems to work. Plants touching the plastic don't seem to fare as well, IME.

And yes, too much water is always bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts