Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony,

I found that really old post over at All Wet Thumbs where you had discovered a teeny-tiny moss that grew very nicely for you. You dubbed it "nano moss."

What ever happened to it? Are you still growing the stuff? It was really cute - would have been perfect for your "pico cube."

Just curious.

-Naomi

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really?!?! That's just the kind of vegetation I'm looking for :lol: !I'm always trying to set something up in which I can keep both shrimp and plants (ferts always seem to kill off my shrimp).

You haven't been able to find it, again? You picked it up out of some reservoir or something, right?

Oh well... That's tough :( . It's rare that I really get overly-excited about new plants in the hobby, but that nano moss was sweet. Maybe you'll be lucky and find it again :D .

Thanks.

-Naomi

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I say "yes" only to kill it like I did your beautiful Blyxa japonica, I need to know if I have a chance at keeping it alive. It would probably go in my 2.5-gallon heaterless, filterless non-fertilized tank with natural gravel (#3, I think) and one Anubias 'petit' on a piece of driftwood. The lighting is an 8W normal-output fluorescent, which appears to be nearing the end of its life. I can probably add a little bit of nutrient if the moss needs some, but I'd like to keep it at a minimum so that I can keep shrimp alive. More than likely, I'll be adding quite a bit of calcium carbonate and possibly epsom salt for magnesium. Oh - and the pH is always around 8.0, sometimes as high as 8.6 and occasionally getting down to about 7.6. The GH/KH can swing from <1 dH to about 6.

Does it attach to driftwood like Java moss can?

cS, did you send it to Loh Kwek Leong to have it analyzed by Dr. Tan? You're really too kind. If you don't have that much, I can wait. I'm never in any hurry :) .

-Naomi

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang it, Gomer :x !!! How do you get so lucky?!?! Is this another one you picked up from a local puddle? That's just too cool!!!

That's it - from now on, I'm gonna inspect every little puddle I happen to come across so I can find cool stuff, too... :badgrin:

-Naomi

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gomer said:
Hey Naomi,

Check your PM's around 5pm PST (have a meeting to go to now).
Hmmm... I don't know, Tony. Who's to say if I'll be back from puddle-hopping by 5??? :badgrin: =P~

:lol:

Just givin' ya grief... :lol:

-Naomi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts