Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Most standard Co2 regulators will thread right onto a paintball tank. Both use the standard CGA320 fittings. If your looking for cheap, a single gauge beverage style regulator runs about $30 shipped from Kegerators, Wine Refrigerators, Water Coolers, Beer Taps, Compact Refrigerators | BeverageFactory.com A paintball tank will run $20-30 depending on your area and web deals/shipping. All else you need is some tubing, a check valve and your preferred method of diffusing the gas (reactor, filter, glass diffuser, etc) The whole setup for my 15 gallon cost ~$75-80. The 12oz tank lasts 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
9oz and up. True, the small cylinders measured in grams don't but all the others do. You need a cylinder with an on/off. I have seen 12oz and up have an on/off valve rather than pin style.

I thought of something else, if space is really an issue, you can just use the regulator body without any guages. Might be cheaper to just buy the body also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
D&T Aquariums

check this place out for the redsea set up with solenoid $137.99 includes everything except the CO2 cylinder/bottle.

wally world has the 20 oz for $24.95..I get the bottle fillled at Sorts Authority for about $3.

I just set one up on my 75..man it's way better than DYI...LOL:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
CO2 regulator

This is the regulator etc. that I am using. All included except tank. I have had it up for about 5 months and no problems whatsoever.
Vic

Aquarium Supply Store

JBJ CO2 Regulator JBJ
SALE Was $ 125.99 Is $ 92.90

JBJ co2 regulator

Dual gauges..one for CO2 pressure and content meter
Solid Copper construction
CO2 Output line..silicone line connection
Needle Valve for precision adjustments
Superior quality German Solenoid
Light Indicator for on-off cycles
NOW INCLUDES BUBBLE COUNTER & CHECK VALVE
AC Power wire

JBJCO2 Regulator JBJ
Weight: 12.00
Click here for more product information

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here's my DIY setup. I puchased the regulator from Austin brewery or something like that. I get the CO2 tanks at Big 5. The tanks are not refillable but the price is not bad, 14 - 16 bucks and you get two which last about one month each.

The setup and operation is not cheap IMO, but is convenient for my 8 gal.

I also will be making a hanger for it so I can hang the setup behind the tank. Right now I just have it setting in a 30 yr old Avon beer stein.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought an Azoo regulator, a normal paintball cylinder, and an inline on/off like this one:

Amazon.com: PAINTBALL: Smart Parts Inline On/Off Adapter: Sports & Outdoors

I screwed the on/off onto the paintball cylinder and the azoo fits perfectly onto it.

This is basically the same concept as what Dennis has about, but I personally had bad experiences with tanks that had built in on/off valves leaking (doesn't mean you will!)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
This is basically the same concept as what Dennis has about, but I personally had bad experiences with tanks that had built in on/off valves leaking (doesn't mean you will!)
I have noticed that also. The fisrt tank I bought, the on/off started leaking after ~3 months. They replaced it for free but still a pain. I am just waiting to see if the new one will last. Point being, save your reciepts;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's my DIY setup. I puchased the regulator from Austin brewery or something like that. I get the CO2 tanks at Big 5. The tanks are not refillable but the price is not bad, 14 - 16 bucks and you get two which last about one month each.

The setup and operation is not cheap IMO, but is convenient for my 8 gal.

I also will be making a hanger for it so I can hang the setup behind the tank. Right now I just have it setting in a 30 yr old Avon beer stein.
So your regulator has the little hole for the tubing already when you got it, or did you have to make it yourself and put it in? Also would the thread of the regulator fit a 12oz paintball tank thats refillable?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.