Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so I am sorta new and not new to the whole building a tank thing. I'm not new because I do work in a pet store so I do have some knowledge of reptiles, but I am new because I've never owned any, nor have I built a tank. My hope is to build a nice big paludarium over the next few months that would be loaded with live plants/water section and maybe an elevated level above the actual tank. My idea was to get maybe a 55 gallon, 75 gallon or 125 gallon tank(depending on the length and suggestions) for this build. I was going to divide the tank into either a 50/50 land/water section or a 75/25 land/water set up as well. I then wanted to build my own version of a tank topper out of a wooden frame and mesh (possibly acrylic for humidity reasons). This topper would be significantly tall possibly 3-4ft from the top of the tank. The real hope is although I know its frowned upon is to have a multifunctional tank in which I can house a few different animals. I was thinking of doing like tetras in the water, some kind of frog for the land section and hopefully some kind of animal for the higher end of the tank. I would plan to make some kind of divider to keep the animal in the top separate just for safety reasons. I really need help with design setup plant animal suggestion everything! I know it will be a lot of work and cost a bit but I am really planning to do this the right way Also, as an added bonus my job gives me 30% off everything ;D

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Welcome to APC!

There was a thread several months ago in which the poster did a similar extension to the top of the tank. He/she was trying to house a Chinese water dragon--you might try a search on "dragon" to find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually hoping to setup a chameleon in the top but a water dragon sounds interesting as well. My only question would be how aggressive would it be towards the other things in the tank? I know I will have a kind of divider in as well but if anything were to happen I don't wont it being overly aggressive and killing the other animals. Also I was hoping to make the entire thing a kind of rain forest theme. As a side not if anyone has tank suggestions or options where I can build the whole thing myself it would be great to hear about!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.