Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Work in progress|conglomeration of 5 nano tanks. 10g|5g|4.5g|3.5g|1.5g Need some help learning! (:
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part four (Q's) SAGA - P.L.A.N.T.S!

Where to go from here?

I am not really a new aquarium person, but I never fully got the full lesson. I just always Macgyver'd them and just threw a bunch of rocks n' plants in a cup and called it a day!

I been doing this (aquarium stuff) since 2016.

(Q?) Where [besides my brine tank] do I go from here with my aqarium hobby? My fish have been quite happy with my weekly-ish water changes and algae scrubs... yeah I lost a few... but to me I thought it was natural.

Do I buy a ton of plants online?

But they might need fertilizer (refer to part 3) ... how do I keep happy plants? What is this CO2 deal? < - important)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It depends on how much money you want to spend and how much time you want to spend. You can do low tech with easy plants like Anubias & java fern or do high tech with CO2 or mid-tech. The dirt tank method is a good low tech with good benefits.

·
Registered
Work in progress|conglomeration of 5 nano tanks. 10g|5g|4.5g|3.5g|1.5g Need some help learning! (:
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It depends on how much money you want to spend and how much time you want to spend. You can do low tech with easy plants like Anubias & java fern or do high tech with CO2 or mid-tech. The dirt tank method is a good low tech with good benefits.
My tanks already have java fern :) I just am unsure how to do the stuff in my questions! Any reputable place I can get plant scraps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts