Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 connected nano tanks - they share water! |10g|5g|4.5g|3.5g|2g|1.5g| Need some help learning! (:
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be a many part series. PART ONE.

[Breaking down my intro post]

Help me with - > My (Q's?) I need help with!

Intro:
All my life, well okay... since my college experience... I fell in love with underwater world. It started out with some gravel, snails, plant clippings from my local library. I was facinated with underwater snails! Then I went to the creek and caught a tiny crayfish. I put him in the large plastic cup. Boom. Instant love at this tiny cup ecosystem. I released him the following day....Then I upgraded to a 1.5 gallon tank with a pump, bubbler and light for a beta fish. Again I loved the clippings the library gave me! Slowly I kept expanding my aquarium hobby and had three? 4.5 - 5gal tanks given to me. I bought pumps, lights and filters for each and got nano fish, live plants and snails for TWO. And for the third, is going to be a "seamonkey" saltwater - brackish tank. With heaters and an air filter. (Current project) Then one Christmas I got my first 10 gallon. It is my biggest aquarium and had a cool half and half sand - gravel set up. Live plants that are underwater ferns.

A point I feel nervous about:
I know my tanks less then ten gallons could be considered "bad" but I only have 1 gourami in one 2 fish in the other. The third was brine shrimp and fourth (1.5gal) has a few white cloud minnows. With no heater. For me these tanks were huge upgrades over my plastic cups and are all in use currently!

Part ONE Topic:
(Q?) With my tanks I want to grow more live plants. Some have died off in my tanks... and I want more... I don't know where to obtain live plants... or even shrimp that are low prices. I really would like scrap plants.. that would have ended up be thrown out for my tanks....

·
Registered
6 connected nano tanks - they share water! |10g|5g|4.5g|3.5g|2g|1.5g| Need some help learning! (:
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Dang it. Moderators! It still thinks my posts are SPAM even when I break down my information.... ):<

Is it because I format into a word dox before I paste it in here? EEEK.

UPDATE: This post is ready to go! :) Thnks Mistergreen!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yes, the text box will try to format what you paste in. Once pasted in try selecting all of the text, then click the strike through button until your text is normal. It’s the ‘S‘ with the line through it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.