Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in regards to paypal.
i have always used it to buy items online, but i have never sold anything. im looking to sell a few things in the For sale/ trade section. My paypal is linked to my bank account, so what do i need to do to send money from my paypal account to my bank account? And i also see posts asking for non CC paypal only. what does that mean?
i want to get this all worked out before i sell, so i know what im getting into and avoid any kind of misunderstanding.
any help is appreciated ^^

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
To send $$ to your bank acct from paypal, after someone sends the $$ to you, you just transfer it to your bank (there's a button you click on).

Also, I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but when people send me a payment, PayPal automatically takes out a fee (anywhere from $.49 to $1.61 so far IME) . I guess that's how they make their money. But, there is no fee for you to transfer $$ back and forth to your bank acct. The only fees I've ever seen are when I recieve $$ from someone, and an additional fee if that person does the "e-check" thing.

Not sure I can accurately explain non-CC.

-Dave

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I didn't know you could transfer from your PP account to your bank account..... I guess I never tried either. ;)

Many people ask for non-CC payments because of PP charging the seller a fee for CC payments, but they don't charge if it's out of your PP account or bank account. I take payments either way just to keep more options open to buyers, but it does chip into the price of what you're selling then.

I also have a special checking account set up just for PP and keep only a small amount in it, rather than sticking our main account out there and risking something happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts