Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have horrible hair algee, brown algee, and NO CO2 but my plants are starting to pearl? At first I thought it was some random air bubble but nope. I thought that was only supposed to happen under optimum conditions? I have been waiting and waiting for my CO2 setup to get here and I missed the FedEx guy to day. I haven't even started to fertilize yet (again waiting for the package in the mail from BigAls). :-k

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have kinda the same thing going in my tank. Lots of algae, very little co2 (diy) and pearling plants...go figure?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I believe you will find it is not the plants but the algae in the leaves that is pearling. Algae is much better at using anything, even tiny amount of nutrients and co2, to photosynthesize. In both of your cases co2 should improve your conditions and algae problems beeter than you can imagine. Of course, proper nutrient levels are important and will become much more important when you get the CO2 up and running. Remember, increased growth from high light and CO2 means greater amounts of nutrient uptake. Many of the patterns you have noticed so far as far as nutrient dosing goes, will now go out the window:) Congatulations:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts