Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess there is no perfect answer to KH/GH? What are some thoughts on this. It seems like a fairly small piece of the puzzle.....but as with anything else, it becomes a large piece when discusses. I havent seen anybody give a solid reasoning for their thoughts on GH/KH. Will anyone venture to offer the "ideal" GH/KH levels? And more importantly.....a reason for there choices? I live where the water is uber hard......so i mix with RO/DI. My tank's water conditions are 4.5 KH and GH....but I dont know why this is good or bad?
Any thoughts?
jB

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
There is no prefect answer, the majority of the plants we work with are adaptable to a wide range of conditions. I would imagine that each particular species has a narrow range where KH/GH is optimum but since we generally stock a variety at any one time the perfect conditions for Plant A are only for example only 97% perfect for Plant B and 81% perfect for Plant C. I think you will find people that have had success with all types of water, from rock hard to ultra soft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts