Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I'm a student working on a UX design project on pet adoption and if you've had experience with adopting, or plan on adopting, it would be nice to get some insights on your experience. I would greatly appreciate it.

Please note that all the answers provided will be used purely for research. Thank you for your time!

The survey can be accessed here:
Pet Adoption Survey

·
Registered
274 Posts
To be honest, I had to look at your profile to determine that you were who you appear to be. You can probably see how folks might be hesitant to answer an online survey from a relative stranger but now that I know you're you, I've gone ahead and submitted to the survey. I hope whoever has tasked you with this truly listens & acts on the insights gathered. Good questions, by the way.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, I had to look at your profile to determine that you were who you appear to be. You can probably see how folks might be hesitant to answer an online survey from a relative stranger but now that I know you're you, I've gone ahead and submitted to the survey. I hope whoever has tasked you with this truly listens & acts on the insights gathered. Good questions, by the way.
That thought did cross my mind, I'm not as active on here as I once was. I probably need to change that. Thank you so much for answering the survey. I really appreciate it! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,861 Posts
Another honest response: As a moderator when I first read your message I almost hit "Spam Clean" and cast you into the outer darkness. Your survey requires personal information and does not identify any responsible organization. For those reasons, I did not complete it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another honest response: As a moderator when I first read your message I almost hit "Spam Clean" and cast you into the outer darkness. Your survey requires personal information and does not identify any responsible organization. For those reasons, I did not complete it.
That's completely understandable. The reason I require those personal details is that they are used to develop personas during product development. Basically a representation of the target user base that will better help me cater to that base. And the reason there is no organization listed is that I'm just a student working on a class project for the Google User Experience Design Certificate program. Here is a link to a project I recently completed, just to give you a better idea: Case Study

·
Registered
274 Posts
That is really cool! Were you able to do any A/B testing at all? Any interesting p-hacking?

·
Super Moderator
5,861 Posts
In my professional capacity I receive survey requests from students doing research in my field or sometimes my professional society. These surveys never ask for identifying personal details. They come under the logo of a university or non-profit organization, and have links that explain exactly how the date will be stored, used, or shared. Mentioning the name Google makes this survey seem like another marketing or information gathering ploy.

I don't think anyone should respond to your survey, but I will allow the post to remain.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is really cool! Were you able to do any A/B testing at all? Any interesting p-hacking?
Not yet, this is just an individual project I have to conduct usability studies all on my own since I'm not part of a team and I have no budget for that. This course also focuses mostly on the design process and not so much on the engineering side of things. So I have to rely on low-fidelity prototypes instead of a working product in order to conduct my usability studies.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my professional capacity I receive survey requests from students doing research in my field or sometimes my professional society. These surveys never ask for identifying personal details. They come under the logo of a university or non-profit organization, and have links that explain exactly how the date will be stored, used, or shared. Mentioning the name Google makes this survey seem like another marketing or information gathering ploy.

I don't think anyone should respond to your survey, but I will allow the post to remain.
Well, I can assure you it's not for marketing purposes since I am not collecting any contact information. Google is nothing more than the sponsor of the certificate program. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm a student working on a UX design project on pet adoption and if you've had experience with adopting, or plan on adopting, it would be nice to get some insights on your experience. I would greatly appreciate it.

Please note that all the answers provided will be used purely for research. Thank you for your time!

The survey can be accessed here:
Pet Adoption Survey
I don't understand why you would post in an aquatic PLANT website to ask people to take a survey about pets. It is Aquatic PLANT Central, after all. Are you asking about people who have pet fish? If not, this is way off-topic, and I'm surprised the moderators didn't just delete the post.

I'm one who won't volunteer personal information that I have no guarantees on how it may be used in the future, so I'll pass.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't understand why you would post in an aquatic PLANT website to ask people to take a survey about pets. It is Aquatic PLANT Central, after all. Are you asking about people who have pet fish? If not, this is way off-topic, and I'm surprised the moderators didn't just delete the post.

I'm one who won't volunteer personal information that I have no guarantees on how it may be used in the future, so I'll pass.
It's off-topic in the Off-Topic Lounge? :unsure: I posted this here for the simple reason that people who have aquariums may have other pets. And statistically speaking, I wouldn't be too far off the mark. Unless you took a quick look at the survey, you would know that the only personal information being requested is name, gender identity, and occupation. Hardly anything to be alarmist about. Regardless, thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find it interesting that an individual would take time out of their day just to post a response voicing pointless dissatisfaction and then declining to do the survey. You would think just not doing the survey would suffice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts